You've nominated . We will announce the winner just before Father's Day.
Good luck and keep an eye out on our socials!
Who are you going to nominate for this years' Community Sports Dad of the Year? Tell us how good he is!
Terms & Conditions
Community Sports Dad of the Year 2021 Promotion (“Promotion”)
Conditions of Entry.
- Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions of Entry. Entry into this Philips Promotion, (Community Sports Dad of the Year 2021 Promotion) is deemed to be an acceptance of these Terms and Conditions of Entry by each entrant.
- The Promoter is Philips Electronics Australia Limited of 65 Epping Road, North Ryde NSW 2113 Australia. ABN: 24 008 445 743.
Eligibility and Participation
- The Promotion is only open to “Eligible Entrants” who fulfil the entry requirements. Subject to clause 5, an “Eligible Entrant” is a person who (a) is an Australian resident; (b) has obtained permission to enter this Promotion from a parent/guardian if under 18 years of age at the date of entry; (c) submits each entry into this Promotion in accordance with these Terms and Conditions; (d) enters this Promotion for himself or herself exclusively and not on behalf of any other person or group of persons, including any syndicate of persons; and (e) does not in any way tamper with the Promotion and/or the entry process for the Promotion.
- Without in any way limiting the foregoing, if the Promoter is of the opinion, acting reasonably, that a person has submitted an entry to this Promotion as part of a syndicate or otherwise in any manner designed to increase the likelihood of the entrant winning a prize, the Promoter may, in its absolute discretion, declare that all entries submitted by that entrant are invalid. Entrants who enter using multiple aliases will be disqualified at the Promoter’s discretion. The Promoter incurs no liability to the excluded entrant for any loss or damage he or she may suffer if such a declaration is made.
- Employees of the Promoter and their immediate families, employees of the Promoter’s related companies and their immediate families and employees of any agencies associated with this Promotion and their immediate families are ineligible to enter. “Immediate families” means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, 1st cousin, natural or adopted child and sibling (whether natural or adopted by a parent), whether or not they live in the same household as the employee.
- Individuals must, during the Competition Period, go online to www.sportsdads.com.au/community follow the links to the Nominate your Community Sports Dad of the Year competition entry page, accurately complete all required fields in the online entry form in full, and in 100 words or less, tell us why your nominated community sports dad should be crowned the ‘Community Sports Dad of the Year’ (“Statement”).
- This is a game of skill and chance plays no part in determining the winners.
- Each Statement will be individually judged according to its merits, based on the creativity demonstrated in the entry. Decisions will be at the complete discretion of the judges and the judges’ decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Promotion commences on 22/07/2021. Final entries and votes close and must be received by 23:59pm (AEST) on 22/08/2021 (“Competition Period”).
- Multiple entries are permitted, provided that each entry is submitted separately and in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. Maximum of five (5) entries per person/household may be submitted per day.
- Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
- Incomplete, indecipherable or illegible entries will be deemed invalid.
How Winners will be determined
- At the conclusion of the Promotion, prior to judging, all eligible entries received throughout the Competition Period will be collected and the best entry, as determined by the judges in their sole discretion, will receive the Major Nominator Prize. There is one (1) Major Nominator Prize to be awarded. The nominated Community Sports Dad of the Year by the winner of the Major Nominated Prize in their entry will be crowned the ‘Community Sports Dad of the Year’ winner and he wins the Major Prize. There is one (1) Major Prize to be awarded.
- Judging will commence at 1pm (AEST) on 23/08/2021 at 2 Waters Road, Neutral Bay NSW 2089. Winners will be notified by telephone and/or in writing within 21 days of the conclusion of judging and their name will be published online at www.sportsdads.com.au/community
- The Winner of the Major Nominator Prize will win the Philips Prestige Shaver 9000 (SP9810/19 – $649.00). Any costs in excess of the (GST inclusive) value of the Major Nominator Prize and all ancillary costs associated with redeeming the Major Nominator Prize are not included and are the sole responsibility of the Major Nominator Prize winner. There is one (1) Major Nominator Prize available to be awarded. Total Major Nominator Prize value is $649.00.
- The Winner of the Major Prize will win a Philips Father’s Day Grooming Pack, valued at $1,067.00, which consists of 1 x Shaver 9000 (SP9810/19 – $649.00), 1 x MULTIGROOM (MG7770/15 – $209.00) and 1 x Bodygroom (BG7025/15 – $209.00), plus a $5,000.00 Rebel Sports voucher to be provide to his sporting team of choice (including school or community group that he decides). The Rebel Sports voucher is subject to the supplier’s standard Terms and Conditions at https://www.rebelsport.com.au/customer-service/giftcard-terms.html . It is the Major Prize winner’s responsibility to use the full value of the Rebel Sports voucher within the validity period. The Rebel Sports voucher is not redeemable for cash and any unused balance will not be credited or refunded. The Major Prize winner may use the Rebel Sports voucher on a purchase which exceeds its value, but it is the Major Prize winner’s responsibility to make up this difference. Any costs in excess of the (GST inclusive) value of the Major Prize and all ancillary costs associated with redeeming the Major Prize are not included and are the sole responsibility of the Major Prize winner. There is one (1) Major Prize available to be awarded. Total Major Prize value is $6,067.00.
- Total prize value is RRP $6,716.00
- Prize winners should allow up to 31 days for delivery of their prize. The Promoter and their associated agencies, and companies associated with this Promotion will take no responsibility for prizes damaged or lost in transit. Once prizes have left the Promoter’s premises, the Promoter will not be responsible for any delay in delivery, or failure of safe delivery of prizes.
- If the Major Nominator Prize winner does not claim their prize by 5:00pm (AEDST) on 01/12/2021, they will automatically forfeit their right to the prize and the next best entry will be deemed to be the winning entry, subject however to any directions given by any applicable gaming authorities. This process will continue until the prize has been claimed or entries are exhausted, whichever occurs first. Winners will be notified by telephone and in writing within 14 days of the conclusion of judging. Nothing contained in this clause or in clause 28 will affect the award of the Major Prize to the Community Sports Dad of the Year nominated by the original Major Nominator Prize Winner. For greater certainty where a Major Nominator Prize is not claimed or is forfeited under clause 28 the next best entry winner of the Major Nominator Prize will not be entitled to nominate the Community Sports Dad of the Year winner.
- The Promoter reserves the right to request all winners to supply any required identification and/or documentation to prove their eligibility to receive the prize. Identification considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the entry process. Suitable forms of verification are at the discretion of the Promoter. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
- If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant.
- The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanism or electronic means that allows an entrant to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and will render all entries submitted by that entrant invalid. The Promoter may, in its sole discretion, disqualify all entries from, and prohibit further participation in this Promotion by, any person who tampers with or benefits from any tampering with the entry process or with the operation of the Promotion or acts in violation of these Terms and Conditions, acts in a disruptive manner or acts with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person.
- All prize values stated are the recommended retail value in Australian dollars and include GST (where applicable). Prize values stated are accurate at the time of printing. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of the prizes after that date.
- Prizes, or any unused portion of any prize, are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash, unless where otherwise specified.
- If any prize (or any part thereof) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or any part thereof) with a prize of equal value and/or specification.
- If the winner of any prize is under the age of 18 years at the time of claiming their prize, the prize will be awarded to the winner’s nominated parent or guardian.
- If the Major Nominator Prize has already been awarded, but the Promoter determines that the winner was in fact in breach of these Terms and Conditions upon entering this Promotion, the Promoter reserves the right to request the winner to return the prize, or its monetary equivalent (at their own cost). If this occurs, a new winner will be selected. Each entrant acknowledges this condition upon entering this Promotion.
- At the Promoter’s request, the winner must participate in all promotional activity relating to winning and/or taking the prize free of charge (including, but not limited to, publicity, photography and filming). The winner also gives consent to the Promoter to use their full name, likeness, image, voice and/or any other details for any promotional, marketing and publicity purposes in any media worldwide without any fee being paid to the winner.
- The Promoter and any of their employees, contractors and agents or employees of their contractors and agents, accept no responsibility for late, lost, stolen or misdirected entries. All entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt by the Promoter and NOT time of transmission by the entrant.
- The Promoter, and any of their employees, contractors and agents or employees of their contractors and agents, reserves the right to refuse to award a prize to any winner if the Promoter or the team determine, in their absolute discretion, that a winner is not in the mental or physical condition necessary to be able to safely take the prize. The winner may be required to sign a legal release and/or other documentation in a form determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion, confirming their eligibility to accept the prize.
- In consideration for the Promoter accepting the entrant’s entry, to the fullest extent permitted by law, the entrant releases and forever discharges the Promoter from all claims that the entrant may have or may have had but for this release arising from or in connection with any entrant’s participation in this Promotion and a winner’s acceptance and use of the prize. The entrant indemnifies and holds harmless the Promoter to the extent permitted by law in respect of any claim by any person (including but not limited to other entrants in the Promotion), arising as a result of or in connection with the entrant’s participation in the Promotion.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth), as well as any other implied warranties under the Australian Securities and Investments Commission Act 2001 (Cth) or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter and Koninklijke Philips N.V (“Philips”) (including their respective officers, affiliated companies, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Promotion.
- The Promoter, and any of their employees, contractors and agents or employees of their contractors and agents, accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from the prize winnings. Independent financial advice should be sought by winners. Winners accept their prize at their own risk. All warranty claims should be directed to the manufacturer of the prize.
- Neither the Promoter nor any of its employees, contractors and agents nor the employees of its contractors and agents, is responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any network, telephone or otherwise, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, technical problems or congestion on any network, or any combination thereof, or any other technical failures including any damage to entrants or any other persons computer related to, or resulting from, participating in this Promotion.
- If for any reason the Promoter, determines in good faith and in its sole discretion that this Promotion is not capable of running safely as planned, as a result of events including but not limited to infection by computer virus or bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter, including but not limited to vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, Acts of God, civil unrest and strikes, which might corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion, the Promoter reserves the right and may in its absolute discretion cancel the Promotion and recommence it on similar Terms and Conditions.
- Each statement of 100 words or less submitted by an entrant as part of their entry (“Statement” as defined above in clause 6) becomes property of the Promoter. As a condition of entry into this Promotion, each entrant irrevocably grants to the Promoter a non-exclusive perpetual worldwide license to use and exploit all intellectual property rights (including without limitation, copyright) in and to the Statement and consents to the Promoter doing (or omitting to do) any acts in respect of the Statement which may otherwise constitute an infringement of the entrant’s moral rights (as defined in the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth)). For the avoidance of doubt, the Promoter may use all or any part of an entrant’s Statement for any purposes at its discretion, including, without limitation, using the entrant’s Statement for promotional, marketing or publicity purposes, whether in respect of this competition, the Promoter, or otherwise. Each entrant warrants to the Promoter that the Statement submitted is their original literary work which does not infringe any rights of any third party. A breach of the warranty set out in this condition will result in the entrant’s entry being deemed invalid. In addition, each entrant indemnifies the Promoter against all loss, damages and costs incurred by the Promoter arising from that entrant’s breach of the warranty set out in this condition.
- Any attempt to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of this Promotion may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. The Promoter reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law against any individual/group, should such an attempt be made, whether successful or not.
- Headings and subheadings are inserted for convenience only and shall not be used to interpret the text of these conditions in any way adverse to an interpretation of the Promoter.
Promotion Contact – email@example.com